Here at J.E.B. Insurance Services, LLC we get asked frequently by our current and future customers how they can save money on their commercial truck insurance policies. Here are a few tips on how to start saving money today. Equipment – less than 10 years is ideal.
- Drivers – CDL for a minimum of 3 years is ideal.
- Drivers- CDL in the State the unit is garaged is ideal.
- Growth -concentrate on laying the foundation during the first year of business; not growing your company with muliple units and drivers.
- Take advantage of the Safety Services your company offers.
- Keep track of your safety results-tracking violations and inspections.
- Keep your records organized for a DOT safety inspection at all times.
- Keep your insurance in force for the policy period. Don’t change companies multiple times throughout the year.
- Communicate with your agent any future changes you might have planned with your business.
Each insurance company has multiple factors that they use in order to rate the policy. It might take time to find the right fit for your company. The above items are just a few that are standard for the industry to keep in mind when shopping for truck insurance. There are many coverages that each insurance company has to offer to the client. If you are interested in a free quote please contact J.E.B. Insurance Services, LLC.