Do You Need More than Physical Damage Insurance?

Trucks and trailers usually have required levels of insurance, especially if your work for a major carrier or you’re currently leasing your truck. But, many times, insuring your truck and trailer isn’t enough. If you’re responsible for loading and unloading, or you often carry specialty goods, your business relies a lot more than just your transportation tools.

How should you look at your physical damage insurance policy?

Physical damage, which is the key component for trucking insurance that covers directly your property instead of your cargo, doesn’t cover everything. So if you special refrigerating or heating storage that isn’t permanently attached to your truck, chains and tools that you use to secure particular loads, or any equipment you use for safer loading and unloading, that element of your policy probably won’t be enough. Contact your insurance representative to see how much the policy covers in your specific circumstances. Not only do different companies offer slight different standards of coverage, what you signed up for a year ago might no longer fit your business model of today.

What can you do if you physical damage policy isn’t enough?

There are additional policies you can add to your standard coverage. While this might seem unnecessarily frustrating, it can actually mean you’re only getting the coverage you want instead of a more comprehensive package that leaves you paying for protection your business doesn’t need. Talk to your agent or go to J.E.B. Insurances Services, LLC to see what your policy should cover and what the premium should be for your business’s level of risk. We provide commercial truck insurance in the states of Florida, Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Illinois, Iowa & Nebraska.

David Ott

David Ott